The OneAquaHealth Urban Stream Photo/Video Contest
- The OneAquaHealth social media video and photo contest is open to all interested residents from the age of 18 years and above or organisations from the European Union & Associated Countries.
- The contest is open for submissions between the 1st of August and 15th of December 2023.
- The topic for contributions are urban streams that the participants care about and they want to share – whether if they are degraded or in a healthy state. An urban stream is a formerly natural waterway that flows through a heavily populated area.
- There are two possible submission options: One single photo or video with maximum length of 20 seconds (in horizontal or vertical format).
- The photo/video needs to be posted by the participant on Twitter or Facebook including 1. the label @Oneaquahealth, 2. information about the location: City/Country and 3. the hashtag #OneAquaHealthcontest in the title or description*.
- Each participant has to follow OneAquaHealth on Twitter or/and Facebook.
- The rating will consist of a combined online community rating and a jury rating.
- The 10 best contributions (Top 5 videos and Top 5 photos) will be invited to planned OneAquaHealth events including the final project event to present on their cases (on a voluntary basis), and receive free access to the Citizens app. The 10 best contributions will be also promoted via the OneAquaHealth Open Information Hub and acknowledged with certificates of winners.
- Please check the Contest Q&A section for more detailed information.
* In case your post seems not to appear under the hashtag #OneAquaHealthcontest (possibly due to social media filter algorithms), please write us a message and we will be happy to share your contribution.
What do I have to do in order to participate in the OneAquaHealth contest?
Step 1: Choose a stream in your city or town and take a photo or video of the stream in horizontal or vertical format with maximum length of 20 seconds. Remember that the topic of your contribution is urban streams that you care about and want to share – whether if they are degraded or in a healthy state.
Step 2: Upload your photo or video on Twitter or/and Facebook by including in the text of the post 1. the label @Oneaquahealth, 2. information about the location: City/Country and 3. the hashtag #OneAquaHealthcontest in the title or description.
Step 4: Show the post to your friends, collect as many likes and views as possible and motivate them to participate in the OneAquaHealth contest.
Step 5: With a bit of luck, you will be selected as one of the Top 5 winners per category who can participate in the planned OneAquaHealth events, including the final project event and receive free access to the Citizens app and an award certificate.
Which language has to be considered?
The contributions can be prepared in following languages:
- English (preferable)
How does the submission work?
The contest is open for submissions between the 1st of August and 15th of December 2023. For submitting their contributions, the participants have to follow the following process.
Social Media Channel Upload
Depending on the format, photo or video are uploaded on a particular social media site. All sites guarantee a broad distribution. Furthermore, they offer functionalities, which will be used for the rating: (1) number of views, and/or (2) positive evaluation through number of “likes”.
- In case participants are participating with a photo, they need to upload it on Twitter or/and Facebook and include the label @OneAquaHealth and hashtag #OneAquaHealthcontest in the title or the description.
- In case participants are participating with a video, they need to upload it on Twitter or/and Facebook and include the label @OneAquaHealth and hashtag #OneAquaHealthcontest in the title or the description.
After uploading their contributions to one of the above-mentioned social media sites, the participants have to follow the OneAquaHealth Twitter or/and Facebook accounts. Furthermore, they have to provide basic information related to their contribution.
The following examples can be used as templates for the individual contributions:
EXAMPLE 1: To promote an urban stream in a good health.
Presenting an urban stream in [City], [Country] to @OneAquaHealth!
With the help of citizens, the local government managed to preserve this aquatic ecosystem for many plants and animals!
Join the #OneAquaHealthcontest & show your stream!
EXAMPLE 2: To alert about a degraded urban stream.
Alerting @OneAquaHealth about a degraded urban stream in [City], [Country]!
Construction activities along the urban stream destroy the aquatic ecosystem!
Join the #OneAquaHealthcontest & show your stream!
Can I participate with a video or a photo of more than one urban stream?
Yes, you can upload on Facebook or/and Twitter a photo or a video of more than one urban stream. However, it is important that it is clear from the description in your post that it is about a different stream. Please be aware that the more streams you post the more "views" and "likes" you need to generate in order to achieve a higher average ranking.
How does the rating work?
OneAquaHealth combines online community rating with traditional jury rating to rank the contributions of contestants.
Online Community Rating
The Online Community Rating will be carried out to calculate the average rating of each participant on both social media sites by considering the number of "views" and “likes”. As a result the 10 highest-ranked contributions per category will be selected.
Formula for the calculation of the online community rating of 1 participant: Average rating from likes and views on Twitter and Facebook = (Weighted average rating on Twitter + Weighted average rating on Facebook) / 2
The OneAquaHealth Online Community Rating will stop counting “views” and “likes” on 15th December 2023 at 24.00. Views and likes, which are added after this date, will not be taken into account for the rating.
As finalists, these contributions reach the second stage of the rating procedure.
The finalists are then rated by members of the OneAquaHealth project consortium. This will ensure that all 8 languages (English, German, Greek, Norwegian, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese), which might be used in the contributions, are covered.
The Jury will select the 5 best contributions for each category.
What are the jury main rating criteria?
The jury members will rate the contributions of the participants along the following criteria:
(A) Presentation of a problem/solution: the participants present or reflect on a problem/solution in a clear manner and in a way that corresponds with the chosen format.
(B) Added Value: the contributions have an added value beyond the life-time of the contest and project, for example to be used as inputs or examples within other project settings, education or science engagement.
For each criterion, the jury members allocate 1 to 10 points, which means that a contribution can reach a maximum of 20 points.
What can I win?
The 10 final winners of the OneAquaHealth contest will be invited to planned OneAquaHealth events including the final project event to present on their cases, and receive free access to the Citizens app. The 10 best contributions will be also promoted via the OneAquaHealth Open Information Hub and acknowledged with certificates of winners.
What rights and responsibilities have the participants in the OneAquaHealth contest?
As a contest participant you have the sole responsibility for any content that you upload to Twitter or/and Facebook. We cannot be held liable for copyright infringement or any other lawbreaking action related to the content that is provided by you. The OneAquaHealth consortium reserves the right to reject or report an uploaded content on any of the two social media sites in case it is considered as a misuse of the contest‘s purpose or aims to harm the image of the project. Furthermore, we cannot be held liable for information being lost or compromised as a result of events beyond our control, including but not limited to malicious acts by others, etc.
If you have questions or comments about the contest, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if my post/tweet does not appear under the contest hashtag?
The algorithms of social media platforms might filter some of the contributions and we will not be able to find them under the hashtag #OneAquaHealthcontest. If your contribution seems to be affected, please write us a message on Twitter or Facebook and we will be happy to share your contribution.