OneAquaHealth at International Women’s Day 2023 Roundtable
Presenting how healthy blue and green ecosystems and new technologies contribute to women’s health and empowerment in urban areas
On March 8, 2023, a virtual roundtable was hosted by HTAi, EFMI, IMIA, HL7 and the European Public Health Association (EUPHA’s SDG5 Gender Equality WG and EUPHAnxt) under the theme “Innovation and technological change, and education in the digital age for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls”
In the context of Women’s Day 2023 and the 67th session of the Commission on the Status of Women an interdisciplinary, interprofessional panel of women leaders from global public health, healthcare and medical informatics was invited to discuss their insights. On behalf of OneAquaHealth, Maria João Feio presented the project’s efforts to enhance blue and green infrastructures in urban areas and outlined how the technologies developed under the project empower women and improve their health.
Taking into account the many possibilities and challenges connected to emerging digital tools, real-world data and technological changes, the event highlighted forward-thinking projects and their contribution to the protection and promotion of women’s rights. The roundtable also provided a valuable opportunity to launch a call of joint action to engage organisations on global health and European public health priorities.
- Catherine Chronaki, Secretary General at HL7 Europe and VP for International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA) at the European Federation for Medical Informatics (EFMI)
- Elena Petelos, Co-Chair RWE&AI at HTAi, Chair SDG5 Gender Equality WG and VP for HTA at the European Public Health Association, AdBoard EFPC, University of Crete, Maastricht University
- Elaine Huesing, CEO IMIA
- Petra Hoogendoorn, Leiden University Medical Center, Coordinator Horizon Europe project Label2Enable, Lead expert CEN-ISO/TS 82304-2 Health and wellness apps – quality and reliability
- Maria João Feio, University of Coimbra, Marine and Environmental Sciences Centre (MARE) and Associate Laboratory Aquatic Research Network, Coordinator OneAquaHealth
- Dimitra Lingri, HTAi, European Healthcare Fraud & Corruption Network (EHFCN), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Anne Moen, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Coordinator Gravitate-Health IMI
- Monica Brinzac, EUPHAnxt Coordinator at EUPHA, Babeș-Bolyai University